What do I do if I made a mistake on my tax return?

I have printed my 2018 tax return and paid my state taxes but I never sent it in. Now I realize that the amount I wrote for contributing to my Roth IRA account was lower than the amount I put on my tax return. Do I need to file an amended tax return or can I just send in the 2018 one I have printed

in progress 1 Answer


  1. It sounds like you didn’t actually file your 2018 tax return, which means you can change your IRA numbers before filing them (mailing them).

Leave an answer