How to submit annual tax (1065 or Schedule C) for a LLC that was founded as 1065 but was only 1 partner active?

Could the company be treated as a single member LLC since there is only 1 partner active and the other didn’t participate at all since the operation started?

in progress 2 Answer


  1. 74 Answers

    If there is only one person you can submit the business income and expenses on a Schedule C. However, you would need to apply for a new EIN number on the IRS website. Please see the link below to the IRS website that gives a detailed explanation of the process:

Leave an answer