How to record capital losses on stocks

I had questions regarding capital losses for taxes. So this year, I have made money from stocks and also lost money from stocks. Overall, I am down around 20,000 dollars in stocks. So then can I deduct $3,000 from ordinary income and 17,000 is carried over? And lets say next year I have capital gains of $14,000. Then I can use the carry over $17,000 to offset it right? Or is there a limit per year to offset as there is a $3,000 for ordinary income?

0 Answer

Leave an answer